Best Lawyers in America – For the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, 89 LeClairRyan attorneys from 16 offices and 55 practice areas were selected by their peers for inclusion.
Best Law Firms – In the 2015 edition of U.S. News & World Report and the Best Lawyers listing of best law firms, 53 LeClairRyan practice areas were selected for inclusion nationally and by metropolitan area. National recognitions in 2015 include: Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency & Reorganization Law; Construction Law; Corporate Law; Commercial Litigation; Litigation (Bankruptcy, Construction, Environmental, Labor & Employment, and Real Estate); Communications Law; Energy Law; Franchise Law; Information Technology Law; Insurance Law; Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants; Leveraged Buyouts & Private Equity Law; Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation; and Venture Capital Law.
BTI – Independent Client Feedback on Legal Services
- Litigation Outlook - Clients ranked LeClairRyan in the top 10% of all law firms for Commercial Litigation according to research conducted by BTI Consulting Group for its 2015 litigation report.
- Client Service A-Team - In 2015, BTI recognized LeClairRyan as having a “Client Service A-Team,” an acknowledgment limited solely to law firms considered by clients to deliver the highest levels of client service, marking the firm’s second year on the A-Team list.
- Intellectual Property Honor Roll - LeClairRyan was also nominated by corporate counsel to BTI’s Intellectual Property Honor Roll based on interviews with over 175 Fortune 1000 General Counsel and IP decision makers at top-spending organizations. In addition, LeClairRyan was recognized on BTI’s Client Relationship Scorecard, for which corporate counsel were asked to gauge the strength of their current relationships with law firms.
– In 2012, Law360 ranked four of LeClairRyan’s practice groups as being among the largest in the nation: (1) Product Liability; (2) Bankruptcy; (3) Insurance; and (4) Employment. Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
– For 2014, 133 LeClairRyan attorneys have been named “Super Lawyers” or Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in the preceding 12 month period. The total for all of 2013 was 128 – up from 106 for 2012. Note: 6 attorneys appeared on the DC and VA lists simultaneously (total count of 139 listings, but only 133 attorneys total).
For 2013, 128 LeClairRyan attorneys have been named “Super Lawyers” or Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in the preceding 12 month period. The total for all of 2012 was 106 – up from 100 for 2011.
– In 2014, Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers recognized LeClairRyan for its Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Healthcare, Labor and Employment, and General Commercial Litigation practices. Nine of the Firm's partners were also individually recognized in 2014, up from seven in 2013 and six in 2012. MultiCultural Law
– In 2010 and 2009, MultiCultural Law magazine ranked LeClairRyan a “Top 100 Law Firm for Diversity,” with specialty distinctions as a “Top 100 Law Firm for Women,” “Top 25 Law Firm for African-Americans,” “Top 50 Law Firm for Associates” (2010 only), and “Top 25 Law Firm for Native-Americans.” Benchmark Litigation
– LeClairRyan was honored as State Firm of the Year - 2013 & 2012 for Virginia. Survey results placed LeClairRyan as “highly recommended” in Virginia and “recommended” in Massachusetts in 2013. American Banker
– For 2010, American Banker ranked LeClairRyan No. 36 on its “Top Lead Legal Advisors Ranked by Number of Deals” list and No. 40 on its “Top Lead Legal Advisors Ranked by Deal Value” list. The Firm was also ranked in 2009. AmLaw200
– In 2014, The American Lawyer included LeClairRyan in its AmLaw 200 survey. The Firm ranked 167th among the second 100 firms. National Law Journal 350
– For 2014, LeClairRyan ranked No. 144 on the National Law Journal’s latest Top 350 list. The Firm debuted on the list in 2007. Legal Elite
– In 2014, 24 LeClairRyan attorneys were named among Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite.” LeClairRyan attorneys have been named annually since the distinction’s inception in 2000. Corporate Counsel
– In Corporate Counsel magazine’s 2009 feature “Who Represents America's Largest Companies,” LeClairRyan was listed under the practice category of Torts and Negligence.