Best Lawyers in America – For the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, 91 LeClairRyan attorneys from 18 offices and 57 practice areas were selected by their peers for inclusion.
Best Law Firms – In the 2016 edition of U.S. News & World Report and the Best Lawyers listing of best law firms, 52 LeClairRyan practice areas were selected for inclusion nationally and by metropolitan area. National recognitions in 2016 include: Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency & Reorganization Law; Construction Law; Corporate Law; Commercial Litigation; Litigation (Bankruptcy, Construction, Environmental, and Labor & Employment); Communications Law; Energy Law; Franchise Law; Information Technology Law; Insurance Law; Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants; Leveraged Buyouts & Private Equity Law; Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation; and Venture Capital Law.
BTI – Independent Client Feedback on Legal Services
- Brand Elite – LeClairRyan was named in this BTI 2016 survey, based on in-depth interviews with large corporations and corporate counsel on firms having definitive imprint in nine key factor areas clients rely on for firm differentiation.
- Client Service A-Team - In 2016, BTI recognized LeClairRyan as having a “Client Service A-Team,” an acknowledgment limited solely to law firms considered by clients to deliver the highest levels of client service, marking the firm’s third year on the A-Team list.
- Power Rankings 2016: The Law Firms with the Best Client Relationships – LeClairRyan was named to this BTI survey as a Standout Core firm in Health Care based on in-depth interviews conducted by BTI researchers with more than 320 corporate counsel.
- Litigation Outlook - Clients ranked LeClairRyan in the top 10% of all law firms for Commercial Litigation according to research conducted by BTI Consulting Group for its 2015 litigation report.
- Intellectual Property Honor Roll - LeClairRyan was also nominated by corporate counsel to BTI’s Intellectual Property Honor Roll based on interviews with over 175 Fortune 1000 General Counsel and IP decision makers at top-spending organizations. In addition, LeClairRyan was recognized on BTI’s Client Relationship Scorecard, for which corporate counsel were asked to gauge the strength of their current relationships with law firms.
– In 2016 and 2015, Law360 ranked LeClairRyan in its list of the Top 100 Best U.S. Law Firms for Female Attorneys. Firms were ranked based on four factors: 1) the percentage of partners, both equity and nonequity, who are women; 2) the percentage of nonpartners who are women; 3) the split between the firm's female partner percentage and female nonpartner percentage; and 4) the number of female attorneys at the firm.
In 2012, Law360 ranked four of LeClairRyan’s practice groups as being among the largest in the nation: (1) Product Liability; (2) Bankruptcy; (3) Insurance; and (4) Employment. Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
– For 2015, 140 LeClairRyan attorneys have been named “Super Lawyers” or Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in the preceding 12 month period. The total for all of 2014 was 133 – up from 128 for 2013. Note: 9 attorneys appeared on the DC and VA lists simultaneously (total count of 149 listings, but only 140 attorneys total).
– In 2016, Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers recognized LeClairRyan for its Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Healthcare, Labor and Employment, and General Commercial Litigation practices. Ten of the Firm's partners were also individually recognized in 2016, up from eight in 2015. Benchmark Litigation –
Survey results placed LeClairRyan as “highly recommended” in Virginia and “recommended” in Massachusetts in 2016. LeClairRyan was honored as State Firm of the Year - 2013 & 2012 for Virginia. AmLaw200 –
For year-end 2015, The American Lawyer AmLaw 200 survey ranked LeClairRyan at 157th among the second 100 firms. National Law Journal 500 –
For year-end 2015, LeClairRyan ranked No. 120 on the National Law Journal’s latest Top 500 list. The Firm debuted on the list in 2007. Legal Elite –
In 2015, 24 LeClairRyan attorneys were named among Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite.” LeClairRyan attorneys have been named annually since the distinction’s inception in 2000. MultiCultural Law
– In 2010 and 2009, MultiCultural Law magazine ranked LeClairRyan a “Top 100 Law Firm for Diversity,” with specialty distinctions as a “Top 100 Law Firm for Women,” “Top 25 Law Firm for African-Americans,” “Top 50 Law Firm for Associates” (2010 only), and “Top 25 Law Firm for Native-Americans.” American Banker
– For 2010, American Banker ranked LeClairRyan No. 36 on its “Top Lead Legal Advisors Ranked by Number of Deals” list and No. 40 on its “Top Lead Legal Advisors Ranked by Deal Value” list. The Firm was also ranked in 2009. Corporate Counsel
– In Corporate Counsel magazine’s 2009 feature “Who Represents America's Largest Companies,” LeClairRyan was listed under the practice category of Torts and Negligence.