Mr. Freinberg was LeClairRyan's Chief Executive Officer from 2011 through February 2016, and on the firm’s leadership team and Board of Directors for many years. During his tenure as CEO, the firm grew to nearly 400 attorneys and is now a full-service commercial firm with 26 offices stretching from Boston to Atlanta on the East Coast, Detroit to Houston in mid-America, and Los Angeles to Sacramento on the West Coast. Prior to joining LeClairRyan in 2007, he served as managing member of Seiden Wayne.
Mr. Freinberg focuses his practice on transactional matters, including general business matters such as entity formation, business acquisitions and sales and financings, and commercial real estate. His commercial real estate practice includes the representation of real estate investors, developers, lenders, landlords and tenants located throughout the United States, especially the structuring and negotiation of acquisitions, sales, leasing, joint ventures and financings. Mr. Freinberg has extensive experience in commercial leasing, representing landlords and tenants of office, retail, industrial and warehouse space.
Mr. Freinberg is a member of the Alumni Representative Committee of Columbia College and the board of directors of the Alumni Association of The Pingry School in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
- Represented various outdoor advertising companies, including for mergers and acquisitions, sales, equity, financing, leasing and permitting transactions.
- Represented an Asian–based multinational Fortune Global 100 electronics company in the leasing of its United States headquarters.
- Represented an Asian–based multinational optical equipment manufacturing company in M&A transactions and the leasing of its United States headquarters.
- Represented a European-based Fortune Global 100 manufacturing and engineering company in the management of its United States company-occupied and investment real estate portfolios, including acquisition, sale, leasing and management transactions.
- Represented a United States–based Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in the management of its United States company-occupied real estate portfolio, including acquisition, sale, leasing and management transactions.
- Represented a national REIT in New Jersey office leasing.
- Represented a national real estate investment company in New Jersey office leasing.
- Represented an international financial research company for United States office leasing and related real estate management.
- Represented a joint venture of a global financial services firm and a real estate investment company in the leasing and related real estate management of a New York City mixed use development including office, retail and hotel components.
- Represented a regional bank in mortgage loan transactions.
"Tenants and Third Parties Should Question Landlords’ Financial Condition," Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association Conference Panelist, March 2010
"Cost Savings Through Improved Business Process and Legal Process," 2014 New York Legal Market Conference Panelist: The Outlook on Strategies, Priorities, 2014 Business Models, Sandpiper Partners LLC Conference, April 2014
"Reengineering Litigation and Transaction Lifecycle," Roundtables Panelist, Sandpiper Partners LLC Conferences, March 2014 and June 2014
"Advancing Women: Flex, Power, and Leadership," The Diversity & Flexibility Alliance 2013 Annual Conference Panelist, March 2013
- LeClairRyan, Newark, New Jersey
- Seiden Wayne, Newark, New Jersey
Memberships and Affiliations
Essex County Bar Association
New Jersey State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association
- New Jersey Law Journal Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016
- Listed in New Jersey Monthly Magazine's Super Lawyer Section
- Listed in Corporate Counsel - Top Lawyers
- Listed in National Super Lawyers Business Edition
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Real Estate Law, 2012–2016
M.B.A., Columbia University Graduate School of Business
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
B.A., History, Columbia College